On behalf of co-chairs Maeley Tom, Ginger Lew, and Tamlyn Tomita, I’m proud to announce additional donations from CAPA21. These donations are only possible because of all the incredible donors who contributed to our $200,000 fundraising campaign!
- $5,000 to Stacy Abrams: Supported by AAPIs in Georgia, her election will radically transform a state that could reach majority-minority status by 2028, including almost a half-million AAPIs. Her campaign launched its first TV and digital ad (https://bit.ly/3InKlDN) last week.
- $5,000 to Rep. Mark Takano: An invaluable member of our AAPI delegation, Mark is also improving the lives of our veterans as Chair of the House Committee on Veterans’ Affairs.
- $5,000 to Rep. Andy Kim: Another critical member of our AAPI delegation in Congress, Andy is being targeted by the GOP; it’s vital we defend this seat.
- $5,000 to Rep. Josh Harder: Running for re-election in a new Calif. district with significant AAPI electorate.
- $5,000 to Jay Chen for Congress: Strong challenger to Rep. Michelle Steel (R) in new Calif. District 45.
- $4,900 to Assemblymember Phil Ting: An AAPI champion in the Calif. Legislature, as budget committee chair, led efforts to appropriate $166 million to combat anti-Asian hate.
- $4,900 to Assemblymember Evan Low: Another AAPI champion in the Calif. legislature running in a new district.
- $4,900 to Annie Cho for Calif. State Assembly: Important challenger to Assemblywoman Suzette Valladares (R), her win will help address a critical gap in the Calif. legislature that does not have a single AAPI woman.
- $4,900 to Stephanie Nguyen for Calif. State Assembly: Running for a vacant seat, her win will also elect another AAPI woman to the legislature.
The new donations expand upon our previous contributions to:
$5,000 to Senator Rafael Warnock in Georgia
$5,000 to Senator Mark Kelly in Arizona
$5,000 to Senator Catherine Cortez Masto in Nevada
$2,000 to Calif. Attorney General Rob Bonta
$5,000 to Georgians Advancing Progress PAC (GAPPAC)
$5,000 to Asian Americans in Action (Orange County, Calif.)
$5,000 to Asian Pacific Islander Political Alliance (Pennsylvania)
$5,000 to One APIA Nevada
And as we mentioned in previous announcements, we are earmarking funds for the Democratic Senate nominees in Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. With the recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions upholding fair redistricting in North Carolina and Pennsylvania, there’s optimism that Republican gerrymandering may not be as successful as once feared.
These contributions are only the first phase of donations we’re making in 2022. There will be more to come, especially after primary season is over and we have a better outlook of races across the country.
Thank you again for your support!
Dale Minami, Co-Chair